Items classified as Dangerous Goods include
- Explosives e.g. ammunition, fireworks, igniters, flares, toy caps.
- Gases e.g. aerosol cans, cigarette lighters, gas cylinders - full or empty, fire extinguishers.
- Flammable liquids and flammable solids e.g. paint, alcohol (see (1) below), perfume, matches, petrol, paraffin, turpentine, solvents, cleaning fluids, nitrate products.
- Oxidising substances and organic peroxides e.g. hair dye, disinfectants, fibreglass repair kits.
- Toxic (poisonous) and infectious substances.
- Radioactive materials.
- Corrosives e.g. mercury - including thermometers, bleach, nail polish and remover, nitric acids, battery fluids.
Other goods that are highly magnetic, polymerizable or otherwise unsuitable for carriage e.g. asbestos, dry ice, first aid kits, wet-cell batteries.